Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Beach Me Over

   For most of my life, I have been in love with the beach.  I can't tell you exactly where that love begin, but it has become a huge part of me and my surroundings.  It has always been a dream of mine to one day live on the beach, but until that dream can happen, I have decided that it doesn't matter if I live on the beach or not, my home can still be the beach house I have dreamed about even without the beach.  Here are my tips for a Beach Me Over on a budget:

1.  Color me HAPPY.
 
 

Don't be afraid to experiment with color.  Find inspiration from your favorite picture or from a home décor item such as a pillow.  Use those colors to transform a room or tie them together throughout the whole house.  There are so many great color choices when it comes to beach colors! 


2.  Get CRAFTY.


I don't always have the money to go shopping for wall art or other home décor items, so I have to improvise on occasion.  I love to look at Pinterest along with many different magazines for different ideas.  One of my favorite crafts was making these wooden fish from picket fence pieces.  I bought the fence pieces at Lowes for under $2.00/each.  Then I made a fish pattern by free handing on one of the fence pieces.  I cut it out with a jigsaw, sanded it down, and grabbed some fun colors of paint that I had on hand.  It was a fun project and I love how it turned out!! 

3.  Bring the BEACH INDOORS.


I love sea glass and my husband knows this!  Instead of buying me flowers, he has collected pieces of sea glass from various beaches he has traveled for business.  He tells me it is his way of being close to me.  =D  I have put those pieces in a nice glass vase that I had and display them in the house to bring the beach indoors.  I also have collected seashells, starfish, and other items that I have used in our home.

4.  SHABBY BEACH.


I am not afraid to paint anything and I love to shop for bargains at antique markets.  When I find a great piece that is a style I prefer, I grab a paintbrush, some paint, and create a shabby weathered beach look.  This is a project that usually takes a little time, but I find it well worth it! 

5.  K.I.S.S (Keep It Simple Stupid)


The beach is not complicated.  To me, the beach is stress free and so, I like to create that same environment in my home.  It helps to keep me relaxed after a long day.  I try not to put too many pictures on the walls and I try to keep the space open and inviting.   


   I hope you find these tips helpful!  Just have fun with it and remember to think "stress free."



Andre'  =D
6c7aaad2cc26bddb62d53996a1a15a9980e16d2e35981cf664

Join us on FACEBOOK!  https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Blue-Fish/200701649947214?ref=tn_tnmn



No comments:

Post a Comment